Monday, January 28, 2013

State Of The Union Proposal

To: Professor Morris
From: Dwight Christopher Jorge
RE: Story Outline: State of the Union Address 
Date: 1/28/13
Subject: Prediction of issues during the Presidential State of the Union Address. 
Scope: I will be analyzing the campaign and promises Obama has made during his first four years in office. I will use those to predict the key points the president may use during his address. My predictions include that the president will speak on women rights, gay rights, gun control, climate change, immigration reform and the current economic debt. (This will also include Obama focus on creating more jobs for American workers.)
Need: Readers need to be better inform of the political agenda and the presidents views on the nation.
Methods: This story can be documented by using previous Obama previous state of the union and speech transcripts. Research can also be found on the official white house website, which states an outline of the presidents goals. I will also use the GOP website to gain the conservative view for my column. For official documents I will use academic databases.
Sources: Government databases (United States Senate website), Ebsco hos, encyclopedia Britannica for documents, records and other information will also be used to determine the importance of the speech. I will also explore news stories written by credible sources and organizations that serve the purpose of checking facts.
Presentation: I will have a 600 word NY Times Op-Ed style column. Which will contain a prediction to the presidents State of The Union Address. I will provide pictures of Barack Obama previous State of The Union Address's.
Follow-up: Will watch the presidential state of the union on February 12 to blog/tweet about how well the president followed my predictions.

No comments:

Post a Comment